A retreat of kundalini yoga, gongs, silence, breathwalking and mindfulness
4 and 5 July 2020, Convent of Bigorio Sta. Maria del Bigorio, Ticino (CH), with Susana Tavares
“The passage from solitude to retreat is the beginning of every spiritual life, because it is the passage from restless senses to restful spirit, from the lust for outer achievement to the search for inner achievement, from holding on in fear to playing fearlessly”. Henri Nouwen
Because of the specific characteristics of the place, high, pure, surrounded by greenery, the silence and the natural setting in which it is situated, the friary of Bigorio – founded in 1535 and first among the Capuchin friaries in Switzerland – can find an ideal environment for spiritual activity.
Physical exercises, meditation, instruments of perception and awareness of the meaning of life and walks in meditative silence offer us the possibility to go beyond our own comfort zone, to listen to the inner silence, to detach and relax, to ask ourselves important questions for our own life and, who knows, to understand the answers that life offers us.
The retreat is open to everyone (even those who have never practiced yoga before). It is intended for anyone who feels the need for a pause for reflection or a few days to relax and recharge their batteries outdoors. It is also designed for those who have the desire and courage to observe themselves more deeply and give more meaning to their lives.
The program includes kundalini yoga classes (for all levels), guided meditation, mindfulness, vegetarian food, gong baths, breathwalking, moments for socializing and moments of silence.
Saturday 4th July
7.30 – 8:30: Meditation (meeting optional)
8.30 – 9.00: Check-in
9.00 – 9.45 am: Breakfast
10.15 – 11.00: Welcome meeting (mandatory)
11.00 – 13.00: Leisure time
13.00 – 14:00: Lunch
14.00 – 15.00: Leisure time
15.00 – 16.30: Breathwalk in the woods of Bigorio
17.00 – 18.30: Kundalini yoga and meditation
19.00 – 20: Dinner
20.15 – 21.15: Mindfulness and relaxation with gong
21.15 – 8.00: Silence
Sunday 5th July
6.00 – 8:00: Sadhana (yoga and meditation)
8.15 – 9.00 a.m.: Breakfast
9.00 – 13: Leisure time
13.00 – 14:00: Lunch
14.00 – 15.00: Leisure time
15.00 – 16.00: Breathwalk in the woods of Bigorio
16.00 – 18.00: Kundalini yoga, mindfulness and closing circle (mandatory)
18.00 – 18.30: Check-out
The retreat takes place with a minimum of 9 participants and a maximum of 13 participants (limitations necessary to ensure the health distances in force).
Registration is possible by 12 noon on 29 June by email to email@example.com. The registration requires the payment of the full fee to Yoga Roof (details below).
10% discount for registrations by June 26th. Registration deadline: 2nd July.
- Single room with shared bathroom (one bathroom for every two rooms, with daily cleaning): Fr. 310.
- Double room with private shower and sink, double use (only 2 rooms available): Fr. 310.
- Double room with private shower and washbasin, individual use (only 2 rooms available): Fr. 330.
The contribution includes:
- Accommodation for 1 night;
- Full board with vegetarian meals cooked locally – breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner only Saturday);
- Daily meetings of yoga, meditation, mindfulness and gong baths;
- Direct access to the beautiful gardens and library of the convent;
- Daily cleaning of all bathrooms;
- Herbal tea during breaks.
- Social distance is required (2mt);
- In the case of shared bathrooms, each person is required to disinfect the bathroom after each use (there will be disposable gloves and disinfectant in the bathrooms); the bathrooms will also be cleaned and disinfected once a day by the cleaners;
- The room where the meetings will take place has enough capacity for 14 people at a distance of 2 meters, it is asked to respect social distances;
- Each participant will bring his own mat, blanket and pillow for the yoga classes
- The retreat is organized and facilitated by Susana de Sousa Tavares www.susanadesousatavares.net/about in collaboration with Yoga Roof www.yogaroof.com.
- For registration please contact Susana (to confirm room availability and for any clarification): firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 79 280 4648.
- Registration will be confirmed after payment of the total value of the retreat.
- 10% discount for registrations by the 26th of June.
- The withdrawal is confirmed with a minimum of 9 registrations by 29 June.
- Deadline for subscriptions: 2 July.
- In case of cancellation the fees paid will be fully refunded. In case of cancellation by the participant will be refunded only 20% of the fee paid.
By bancomat at Yoga Roof Sud or Centro.
By bank transfer to:
Yoga Roof Sagl
Postal account: 65-71314
Santa Maria dei Frati Cappuccini Convent
Via Convento, 42
6954 Bigorio – Capriasca (Switzerland)