With Egon Castlunger, at Yoga Roof Lugano South.
After visiting us for the last Teacher Training, Egon Castlunger comes back!
Egon Castlunger: I grew up in a small South Tyrolean village in the Dolomite Alps (Northern Italy). Early on, I set out to explore nature and spent most of my youth in the mountains. A sporting injury led me to a holistic healing physician in Australia. It was this chance meeting that awoke my attention to the inner and spiritual worlds. After extensive travels through South America, India and Nepal, I decided to leave my family’s business in Italy and pursue my passion for healing and eastern philosophies. I committed to a 4-year education in Germany and became a certified Zen Shiatsu therapist and naturopath. It was at this time that I started practicing yoga on a regular basis. The practice of Yoga has accompained me since the beginning of this journey. Along my yogic path, I have been inspired by Vinyasa,Anusara Yoga, Yin Yoga, Pranayama, Devotional Chanting and Bhakti Yoga – all of which continue to play an important role in my life and teaching. Bringing my great loves together, I now organize and lead retreats which combine yoga, music and outdoor experiences. My passion for music, especially the guitar, is reflected and incorporated into my classes, workshops and retreats.
– E.S.I. – European Shiatsu Institute – 1998-2003 (Munich-Milan)
– Heilpraktiker-Institute “Lotz” – 1998-2002 (Munich)
– ZenShiatsu deepening workshops with Cliff Andrews (London), P.Stefanini (Milan)
– Craniosacral therapy – Heilpraktiker-Insitute “Lotz” – Münich
– Yoga extended studies in India (Isha Yoga/Sivananda)
– Yoga Intensive TTC training – (Yogalife – NewDehli/Goa-India)
– Anusara Yoga Immersion trainings I/II/III with K. Ananda
– Yin Yoga trainings with Paul Grilley – Thailand 2012/2013 RYT 200
– Pranayama and Hatha advanced Trainings with Stephen Thomas
– Personal development/Meditation retreats with Paul Lowe (Australia)
– ASAM-hiking & Snowshoeing guide in Switzerland
– Yin Yoga training with Paul & Suzee Grilley – Mexico 2015 RYT 300
– Transpersonal Psychology & Holotropic Breath with Stanislav Grof. – Spain 2015
Spiritual teachers who inspired me on my journey: Jiddu Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle, Paul Lowe, Gangaji, Byron Katie…
Presently I live in Zürich, Switzerland.